The Calibration Engineer is responsible for the scheduling, coordinating, and completion of calibrations both on-site at customer’s location and in our state-of-the-art facility in Maynooth, Co. Kildare. The candidate must have experience in some of the following fields:
Electrical, Temperature & Pressure Calibration
Quality (ISO17025 or similar)
The role reports to the Head of Lab
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as the instrumentation owner with accountability for the calibration program.
- Maintain a working and in-depth knowledge of products, calibration techniques, and procedures.
- Coordinate completion of all calibration to ensure calibration schedules are met.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to equipment issues.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled, calibration, and repair of measuring equipment and ensure all activities are completed in accordance with applicable procedures and policies.
- Authorise and revise calibration standard operating procedures.
- Provide support to Operations and Quality when required.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to customers and colleagues.
- Other duties as required
Skills & Requirements:
This is a hands-on role, therefore a solid understanding of electronic instrumentation, equipment & processes is essential. The role will also include day-to-day Quality functions.
Applicants must have:
Strong PC skills (MS Office etc.)
Experience calibrating and maintaining a quality system is a distinct advantage.
Diploma or Degree in relevant field.
2+ years relevant experience.
Desire & ability to work effectively on own initiative under minimal supervision.
Willingness to work away from home.
Full, clean driving licence
Competencies/ Preferred Skills:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Thorough, diligent, good attention to detail
- Collaborator with strong levels of engagement with individuals and team.
- High level of delivery and work completion.
Email your C.V. and cover note to email@example.com